|Published:||Feb 20, 2012 1:20 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2012 1:29 AM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.-- Southwest Florida is buzzing with ball players. Pitchers and catchers for the Twins and Red Sox reported this weekend. Pitchers and catchers for the Tampa Bay Rays will report Monday to the Charlotte Sports Park.
The first work-out for pitchers and catchers is scheduled for Tuesday. The rest of the team reports Saturday with the first full-squad work-out planned for Sunday, February 26th.
The Tampa Bay Rays are coming off an impressive 2011. They strung together a streak of wins in September to beat the Red Sox for the American League Wild Card. They lost in the first round of the playoffs.
The Rays will take on the Twins March 3rd at Hammond Stadium. Both teams will travel the Charlotte County the following day for another game at 1:05pm.
Tampa will face-off against Boston at "Fenway South", the new JetBlue Park, on March 10th.
Tickets are still available and range from $9 to $27. For more information, visit RaysBaseball.com.
The Rays will kick-off their regular season against the New York Yankees on April 6th at Tropicana Field.
Regular season, single-game tickets go on sale this Saturday, February 25th.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- Man accused of hitting bicyclist & fleeing scene faces judge