|Published:||Feb 15, 2012 5:17 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 15, 2012 5:17 PM EST|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are looking for a man who took a $6,500 Rolex watch from a plastic bin as he passed through a security checkpoint at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
Officials say the theft happened Jan. 18 as 43-year-old Gloria de Regalado was returning to Lexington, Ky., after a South Florida vacation. The Broward Sheriff's Office on Tuesday released Transportation Security Administration video that shows a man in line behind de Regalado picking up the watch and walking away.
The South Florida Sun Sentinel (http://sunsent.nl/xp5y0c ) reports the suspect may have gotten on a U.S. Airways flight to Charlotte.
Sheriff's Lt. Brian Montgomery says he plans to subpoena the passenger list in hopes of finding the man. Anyone with information about the suspect is asked to call Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-8477.
Information from: South Florida Sun Sentinel, http://www.sun sentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.