|Published:||Feb 01, 2012 12:38 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 01, 2012 5:35 PM EST|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says the body of an eleventh person has been found in a pickup truck days after a deadly pileup on Interstate 75.
The Highway Patrol says the Alachua County Medical Examiner's Office determined Tuesday that a third victim was inside a Dodge pickup truck that crashed into a tractor trailer as it traveled south early Sunday. The driver and another passenger in that vehicle have still not been identified.
Fog and smoke reduced visibility along the stretch of highway south of Gainesville, causing authorities to close I-75 for more than three hours early Sunday. Authorities reopened the road shortly before the pileups occurred on both the northbound and southbound lanes. At least 18 people were sent to the hospital.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft