|Published:||Jan 13, 2012 12:46 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 13, 2012 4:04 PM EST|
PINE SLAND, Fla.- The State Fire Marshall's office is investigating a suspicious fire in Lee County. The Pine Island Chamber of Commerce in Matlacha is a total loss after the early morning fire.
Firefighters from Cape Coral fire and Pine Island fire responded around 3:00 a.m. to find the building fully engulfed in flames. The Pine Island Deputy Fire Chief, Joe Marzella says the time of fire makes it suspicious. At this point, investigators haven't identified any witnesses. They are still trying to determine how the fire started.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges