|Published:||Jan 09, 2012 6:39 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 09, 2012 7:59 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- One Cape Coral councilmember wants to tack on some extra fees for law breakers. This is currently a proposal, but Cape Councilmember Kevin McGrail wants to add two extra dollars to all traffic and boating citations. This means, if you're caught speeding on the road or the waterways, the ticket issued would be $2 more than it is now. The increase may also apply to any crime where a citiation is issued.
Councilmember McGrail modeled his proposal after an ordinance in Tampa. The extra $2 fees would go to the Cape Police officer training budget. There's no dollar figure yet as to how much more money this could bring in to the city, but the extra fees will help buy more gear, or potentially hire more police officers for the city.
Councilmember McGrail anticipates having a formal presentation to present to city council later this month.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers