|Published:||Jan 03, 2012 4:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 04, 2012 12:08 AM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- On Monday, at approximately 6:20 p.m., the Lee County Sheriff's Office received a call about a single-vehicle traffic crash. The incident occurred at the intersection of Alabama Road South at 47th Street S.W., Lehigh Acres, Florida. Deputies responded to the scene.
Upon arrival, a white, station wagon was found off the road. The front end of the vehicle had impacted a utility pole. Inside the vehicle, the adult male driver was found fatally wounded.
The victim is identified as Michael Deshan Johnson, age 39, of 914 Harlem Academy Avenue in Clewiston. The cause of death is still pending the results of the autopsy.
Homicide detectives with the Sheriff's Office have identified a suspect in connection with the death of Johnson. Noe DeJesus, age 29, of 397 Pennfield Avenue in Lehigh Acres is currently being sought.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000 or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward up to $1,000 dollars, Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS(8477). Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org, through the TipSubmit app on any iPhone or by texting a tip to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Naples man honored for using epilepsy to inspire others
- Fla. using federal grant money to settle lawsuit