|Published:||Jan 03, 2012 4:03 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 04, 2012 12:08 AM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- On Monday, at approximately 6:20 p.m., the Lee County Sheriff's Office received a call about a single-vehicle traffic crash. The incident occurred at the intersection of Alabama Road South at 47th Street S.W., Lehigh Acres, Florida. Deputies responded to the scene.
Upon arrival, a white, station wagon was found off the road. The front end of the vehicle had impacted a utility pole. Inside the vehicle, the adult male driver was found fatally wounded.
The victim is identified as Michael Deshan Johnson, age 39, of 914 Harlem Academy Avenue in Clewiston. The cause of death is still pending the results of the autopsy.
Homicide detectives with the Sheriff's Office have identified a suspect in connection with the death of Johnson. Noe DeJesus, age 29, of 397 Pennfield Avenue in Lehigh Acres is currently being sought.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000 or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward up to $1,000 dollars, Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS(8477). Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org, through the TipSubmit app on any iPhone or by texting a tip to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico