ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Officials say a transient man has died several weeks after an outdoor cooking accident in the Tampa Bay area.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office reports that 59-year-old Say Vieng died Tuesday morning.
Authorities say Vieng was trying to cook a meal with candles Dec. 12 when his shirt caught fire. He was airlifted to a Tampa hospital.
A medical examiner will conduct an autopsy.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)