|Published:||Dec 02, 2011 4:50 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 02, 2011 4:50 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The annual downtown Fort Myers "Holiday Stroll" and Christmas tree lighting starts at 7 p.m. on Friday.
Mayor Randy Henderson will lead the procession along First Street, starting at Monroe Street. As the stroll heads east, the lights along First St. will be illuminated for the season. The Mayor will ultimately light the official downtown Christmjas tree in the grassy median of Hendry St.
Mayor Henderson will then head to the Art of the Olympians at the river's edge where "snow" will fall on strollers. On his way back to First St., the Mayor will proceed to the Goodwill Festival of Trees at the Sidney and Berne Davis Art Center.
Hendry and First will be temporarily closed during this event.
Highlights of December 2nd's Art Walk include the following:
- Art of the Olympians- Showing an exhibition, "Legends of '68," featuring artwork from four USA Olympians from the 1968 Olympic Games and a collection of works by Olympic artist, Steve Allen.
- Art League of Fort Myers- opening reception for "Small Packages" exhibit
- Arts for ACT Gallery- Opening reception for new show featuring artists Cheryl fausel, Honey Costa and Ron Evans
- Coloring the World- Holiday art sale to include medal sculptures by mac Worthington, paintings by Stephen Gray Blancett, jewelry by raven and pottery by Sandy Pond.
- DAAS Gallery- Opening reception for "Earth: A Cry For Deliverance"
- Gallery Showcase and Information Canter at Iberia Bank
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend