|Published:||Nov 29, 2011 12:10 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 29, 2011 12:10 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A travel website has named the Tampa International Airport among the world's "most loved" airports.
CNNgo.com, a website covering international travel and tourism, ranked the Tampa airport No. 6 in that category this month. It was the only airport in the United States to make the list.
The survey cited the Tampa airport's efficient tram system, affable staff and tasteful collection of shops.
The airport has long been recognized as a favorite of travelers, winning awards for design, efficiency and customer service. It opened in 1971.
The Hong Kong International Airport was named the "most loved" in the world.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate