|Published:||Nov 29, 2011 12:10 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 29, 2011 12:10 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A travel website has named the Tampa International Airport among the world's "most loved" airports.
CNNgo.com, a website covering international travel and tourism, ranked the Tampa airport No. 6 in that category this month. It was the only airport in the United States to make the list.
The survey cited the Tampa airport's efficient tram system, affable staff and tasteful collection of shops.
The airport has long been recognized as a favorite of travelers, winning awards for design, efficiency and customer service. It opened in 1971.
The Hong Kong International Airport was named the "most loved" in the world.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776