|Published:||Nov 24, 2011 3:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 24, 2011 9:01 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- One man is dead after a drive by shooting early Thursday morning.
It happened at around 2:30am on Central Avenue near Moreno Avenue.
The victim, 22 year-old Christopher Ramirez died at the hospital.
Fort Myers Police found a blood trail and multiple shell casings at the scene.
The suspect or suspects got away.
Police are urging anyone with information to call them immediately.
A teen-ager in the neighborhood, 16-year old Stephanie Meme, told WINK News: Ramirez had been staying with relatives in a house on Central. She told WINK News: "He was a cool guy, he had no problems with anyone in the neighborhood. I think we was just out hanging with his family, chilling out, on Thanksgiving morning. I am angry about this. People don't deserve to be shot, when they are just standing out in their front yard by the street. We have kids running around here. That's not safe."
Ramirez had been arrested several times in Lee County, but not for violent crimes. He was arrested at least 3 times for driving on a suspended license, or having no license. He also was arrested once in connection with a hit and run incident. He was released from jail about 1 months ago, after his most recent arrest.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay