|Published:||Nov 18, 2011 1:16 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 18, 2011 6:36 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Police overtake Occupy Fort Myers overnight. The protesters were given two choices, leave or go to jail.
The group obeyed peacefully although one person was taken into custody, for trespassing and resisting arrest. Despite an injunction filed by a federal judge this week, stating the city ordinances used to force protesters out of the park were unconstitutional, police said the orders came from the top.
The group relocated to the Old County Courthouse for the night. with plans to move back to Centennial park in the morning.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis