|Published:||Oct 12, 2011 5:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 12, 2011 5:07 PM EDT|
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The FBI says it's made an arrest and federal charges have been filed in a probe of email hacking that targeted Hollywood celebrities.
FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller says one person was arrested Wednesday morning on charges that stem from a year-long probe known as Operation Hackerazzi.
A person familiar with the investigation, who requested anonymity because details had not yet been announced, says a Florida man has been indicted on charges that he hacked into the email accounts of celebrities including Scarlett Johansson.
The FBI has planned an 11 a.m. news conference.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann