|Published:||Oct 07, 2011 11:50 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 07, 2011 12:05 PM EDT|
A wanted felon is back in custody after a standoff with Fort Myers police. Andrew Sosa surrendered around two this morning.
The swat situation started late last night when police Sosa barricaded himself inside his home at the Forest Lake townhouses located on Pine Oak Circle off of Metro Parkway.
He was wanted by both Fort Myers and the Cape Coral police departments for parole violations and Sosa was previously involved in several armed burglary attempts.
Neighbors who were evacuated are back home this morning. No one was hurt in the incident.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students
- Former Cape mayoral candidate faces fraud charge