|Published:||Oct 07, 2011 3:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 07, 2011 9:46 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- FHP Troopers are on the scene of a fatal crash at Greenwood Ave. and Leeland Heights Blvd. in Lehigh Acres.
Police are not releasing the woman's name yet, but say she made a turn, hit another car, spun around in a full 360 degrees, hit the same car again and eventually crashed into a culvert in front of a nearby home. When she hit the concrete, large pieces of her vehicle scattered everywhere, including into one woman's screen door.
Witnesses say the woman who died was picking up bread from the nearby church.
More information is pending.
Some lanes are blocked for the investigation. Expect delays and avoid the area if possible.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week