|Published:||Sep 22, 2011 11:36 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 22, 2011 10:33 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A car and young child are left abandoned after an accident on Buckingham Rd. near Orange River Rd.
A passerby, who saw the car, called deputies around one o'clock this morning. When deputies arrived on scene they found a four year-old girl alone in the backseat, but no driver.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office tells us that the female driver of the car fled into the woods leaving the child behind. The young girl is reportedly okay and with family members this morning.
Meanwhile, the driver was located after aviation units and K-9's tracked her down. The driver was arrested after taking a field sobriety test.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys