|Published:||Sep 22, 2011 11:36 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 22, 2011 10:33 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A car and young child are left abandoned after an accident on Buckingham Rd. near Orange River Rd.
A passerby, who saw the car, called deputies around one o'clock this morning. When deputies arrived on scene they found a four year-old girl alone in the backseat, but no driver.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office tells us that the female driver of the car fled into the woods leaving the child behind. The young girl is reportedly okay and with family members this morning.
Meanwhile, the driver was located after aviation units and K-9's tracked her down. The driver was arrested after taking a field sobriety test.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers