|Published:||Sep 08, 2011 12:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 08, 2011 4:15 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Buckingham man is safe Thursday, after an overnight standoff.
Lee County deputies tell us 27-year-old Brandon Helms entered a home on Skates Circle, just after midnight, and some type of fight broke out. The family inside was able to leave, but deputies say that's when Helms barricaded himself inside.
Just after two o'clock they were able to get Helms to leave the house. The standoff did end peacefully.
Helms was taken into custody, but then released. Right now, Helms is not facing any charges.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays