|Published:||Sep 06, 2011 2:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 06, 2011 2:58 PM EDT|
FLAGLER BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Flagler County Sheriff's officials say a 45-year-old sailboat captain swam two miles to shore after he was swept overboard in rough seas.
Brian Jeffrey Oliver showed up at a beach resort in Flagler County, where officials say he was in good condition Tuesday morning.
The Florida Times-Union says a rogue wave washed Oliver overboard about 5 p.m. Monday. Two other people were left on board the Cedar Rooster. They were rescued by the U.S. Coast Guard.
Officials from the Coast Guard, the Flagler County Sheriff's Office and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission joined in the search for Oliver.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed