|Published:||Sep 06, 2011 7:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 06, 2011 7:09 PM EDT|
NOKOMIS, Fla.- The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office has arrested Dr. Boyd A. Robinson, 44, 515 Dona Drive, Nokomis, on six counts of Obtaining a Controlled Substance by Fraud and one count of Obtaining Medicinal Drugs by Fraud.
A pharmacist called the Sheriff’s Office in July to report that Robinson may have forged the signature of another doctor at his medical practice on a prescription for Oxycodone.
During the investigation, the Pharmaceutical Diversion Unit found from June 2010 to July 2011, Robinson presented 73 fraudulent prescriptions for approximately 985 Oxycodone tablets at several area pharmacies, in addition to other types of drugs.
Robinson was arrested Friday and booked into the Sarasota County Jail. He was released after posting $6,500 bond.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo