|Published:||Sep 06, 2011 2:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 06, 2011 2:59 PM EDT|
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) - Officials say a 7-year-old boy collapsed while playing football with his father on Labor Day.
Hollywood police say the boy was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in critical condition just after noon on Monday. Lt. Norris Redding says the boy was not breathing when rescue crews arrived.
The South Florida Sun Sentinel reports the child complained of feeling faint while playing football with his father. The father gave the child some Gatorade and the pair continued playing.
Police are investigating. No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia