|Published:||Sep 01, 2011 7:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2011 7:33 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Tampa Police say one person has died and two people are in the hospital after they suffered carbon monoxide poisoning when a man in an apartment building left his car running inside a garage.
Shortly after 9:30 a.m. Thursday, a maintenance worker at the Vista Grande Apartments apartment smelled an odor and began evacuating residents. The maintenance worker called Tampa Fire-Rescue, and paramedics took three people to an area hospital.
Police say a 23-year old woman died. A 20-year-old woman is in serious condition and a 62-year-old woman who was feeling light headed was transported as a precaution.
Police discovered that a resident left his Mazda running in the garage. Detectives are investigating.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral