|Published:||Aug 30, 2011 11:04 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2011 2:54 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - The Transportation Security Administration says a man tried to board a TAM Airlines flight to Brazil with nylon bags filled with seven exotic snakes and three tortoises.
TSA spokesman Jonathon Allen says the man was stopped after passing through a body scanner at Miami International Airport last Thursday. Security officials spotted the nylon bags filled with snakes and tortoises.
The South Florida Sun Sentinel reports the critters were taken by the U.S. Department of Fish and Wildlife. The unidentified passenger was arrested.
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Landlord accused in lead paint case