|Published:||Aug 30, 2011 11:04 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2011 2:54 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - The Transportation Security Administration says a man tried to board a TAM Airlines flight to Brazil with nylon bags filled with seven exotic snakes and three tortoises.
TSA spokesman Jonathon Allen says the man was stopped after passing through a body scanner at Miami International Airport last Thursday. Security officials spotted the nylon bags filled with snakes and tortoises.
The South Florida Sun Sentinel reports the critters were taken by the U.S. Department of Fish and Wildlife. The unidentified passenger was arrested.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- FMB holds election for Town Council members