|Published:||Aug 25, 2011 11:54 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2011 11:54 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police say a Miami woman faked her own kidnapping to get attention from her boyfriend.
On Wednesday, 21-year-old Rashell Leeann Barfield was charged with false report of a crime and one count of obstruction of justice. She was booked into the Women's Detention Center.
According to an arrest affidavit, Barfield and her boyfriend fought Monday evening because she thought he only cared about their son.
The Miami Herald reports Barfield left home and her boyfriend received a text message from her a little while later saying that two mask-wearing men had put her in a white van. He called police.
Barfield said she eventually escaped. The arrest affidavit says Barfield finally told police she made up the abduction story to "get attention from her boyfriend."
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide