|Published:||Aug 23, 2011 4:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2011 6:57 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives arrested two burglars after they entered a chain link area behind Tire Kingdom, 3555 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte, and stole 20 used tires. Monday at 9:20 p.m. deputies responded to a call of a suspicious van in the area around the tire business and a possible burglary in progress.
Deputies located a green Ford Van parked on the side of Tire Kingdom and met with the driver,Refugio Salinis, 48, and his passengerJosephine Ramirez,56, both of 430 Buena Vista Blvd., Ft. Myers. Deputies discovered the couple broke into the secured area behind the tire business that contained used tires. The owner said he had a rash of used tire thefts lately. The tires typically sell for about $20 each; inside the van were 20 used tires.
Detectives questioned the Salinis and Ramirez and charged them both with Burglary and Grand Theft. They were transported to the Charlotte County Jail where they remain on $5,000 bond each.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean