|Published:||Aug 22, 2011 11:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 22, 2011 11:07 PM EDT|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Officials say a worker was killed in Gainesville after striking an underground power line.
Police say the man had been working with a large, metal augur Monday morning when it struck the power line and sent electricity into him.
Gainesville Regional Utilities reports that the man was working for a private contractor on private property.
The Gainesville Sun reports that at least one other worker was shocked when they tried to help the man.
The victim's name wasn't immediately released.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers