|Published:||Aug 18, 2011 10:36 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2011 10:36 AM EDT|
An investigation is underway at FGCU after an apartment building catches fire. It happened late Wednesday night, displacing two students, and causing water damage to a few apartments. About two dozen students were evacuated at West Lake Village after a fire started in a bathroom. Fire officials say no one was home at the time,and no one was injured. The disruption comes just days before school starts. Two students will be relocated to another building due to water damage. Officials are investigating the cause of the fire, but say it appears to be electrical.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds