|Published:||Aug 16, 2011 11:57 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2011 4:15 PM EDT|
PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Police say a man crashed through the Panama City Beach Waffle House while trying to run over his wife, who is a waitress at the restaurant.
Panama City Beach police say Charles Patrick O'Bryan called Waffle House Monday evening and told an employee he was going to "run his truck through the building and kill everyone."
O'Bryan's wife, Danielle Gibbons, was hit by the vehicle and taken to a hospital with what authorities described as injuries that are not life-threatening.
O'Bryan now faces charges of attempted murder and felony criminal mischief.
The Panama City News Herald reports that after crashing through the building, O'Bryan got out of his truck holding a knife. The newspaper reports a witness used a broken piece of metal from the building to subdue him.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend