|Published:||Aug 12, 2011 3:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 12, 2011 8:40 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- A bank robbery took place at 9:50 a.m. on Friday at the Wells Fargo bank located at 5765 Lee Blvd. in Lehigh Acres.
Upon arrival, witnesses told police three black male suspects, dressed in dark clothing and wearing masks entered the bank demanding money. All three of them had guns, one of which was an AK-47.
The men held tellers at gunpoint after jumping over the counter. One customer was injured after being thrown to the ground, but was treated at the scene.
They fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash in a white Dodge or Plymouth style minivan east on Lee Boulevard into Lehigh Acres. Police setup a perimeter utilizing the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Aviation Unit and police K9 but did not locate the suspects.
The bank has since re-opened and the scene has cleared.
Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend