|Published:||Aug 10, 2011 8:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2011 8:37 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff’s Mid-County detectives today arrested a Port Charlotte man involved in a burglary and grand theft of a Tampa Bay Rays spring training rental home on Mar. 26.
Following a lengthy investigation, detectives arrestedSteven Charles Vaughn, 22, 866 Chevy Chase Street, and charged him with Armed Burglary of an Unoccupied Dwelling, Grand Theft and Dealing in Stolen Property. Vaughn was arrested in his Charlotte County Jail cell this morning where he is incarcerated on unrelated charges.
While the baseball players were at a spring training game in nearby Charlotte Stadium, thieves got into their home at 22159 Fernwood Street and stole $60,000 worth of items including numerous electronics, watches, jewelry and an AK-47. After the gameEvan Longoriaarrived back at their rental home and discovered he and roommatesReid Brignac, andDavid Priceall had items stolen and contacted CCSO.
No bond was set for Vaughn due to his multiple felony convictions. This is his tenth booking into the Charlotte County Jail with 52 records. Detectives say the investigation is ongoing and active and no other details are being released at this time.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico