|Published:||Aug 10, 2011 8:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2011 8:37 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff’s Mid-County detectives today arrested a Port Charlotte man involved in a burglary and grand theft of a Tampa Bay Rays spring training rental home on Mar. 26.
Following a lengthy investigation, detectives arrestedSteven Charles Vaughn, 22, 866 Chevy Chase Street, and charged him with Armed Burglary of an Unoccupied Dwelling, Grand Theft and Dealing in Stolen Property. Vaughn was arrested in his Charlotte County Jail cell this morning where he is incarcerated on unrelated charges.
While the baseball players were at a spring training game in nearby Charlotte Stadium, thieves got into their home at 22159 Fernwood Street and stole $60,000 worth of items including numerous electronics, watches, jewelry and an AK-47. After the gameEvan Longoriaarrived back at their rental home and discovered he and roommatesReid Brignac, andDavid Priceall had items stolen and contacted CCSO.
No bond was set for Vaughn due to his multiple felony convictions. This is his tenth booking into the Charlotte County Jail with 52 records. Detectives say the investigation is ongoing and active and no other details are being released at this time.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County