Published: Aug 09, 2011 4:35 PM EDT

PALM HARBOR, Fla. (AP) - Fire rescue officials say three people were rushed to the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after a car was left running inside the garage of a Palm Harbor house.
    
Authorities say a guest staying with a 60-year-old woman felt light-headed about 6:15 p.m. Monday and stepped outside for some air. When the woman heard a car running inside the garage, she got the other two people out of the house. She then turned off the car and opened the garage.
    
Officials say the women were taken to Mease Dunedin Hospital, where they were in stable condition later Monday.
    
The St. Petersburg Times reported that firefighters used a pet oxygen mask to save a cat.

(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)