|Published:||Aug 08, 2011 12:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 08, 2011 2:56 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Gov. Rick Scott visited the WINK News studio with a donut delivery Monday to promote his "work days" campaign.
"Like most Floridians, I have worked hard all my life. I started school in public housing and my family struggled financially," said Governor Rick Scott. "For that reason I went to work at a young age doing everything from delivering newspapers and cleaning phone booths, to selling groceries and working on a ship in the Navy."
He served donuts at a Tampa donut shop last week. Now he's looking for more suggestions on what jobs he should perform.
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end