|Published:||Aug 08, 2011 12:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 08, 2011 2:56 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Gov. Rick Scott visited the WINK News studio with a donut delivery Monday to promote his "work days" campaign.
"Like most Floridians, I have worked hard all my life. I started school in public housing and my family struggled financially," said Governor Rick Scott. "For that reason I went to work at a young age doing everything from delivering newspapers and cleaning phone booths, to selling groceries and working on a ship in the Navy."
He served donuts at a Tampa donut shop last week. Now he's looking for more suggestions on what jobs he should perform.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- New anti-fraud group forms in Collier County