|Published:||Aug 06, 2011 11:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2011 11:59 PM EDT|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - Investigators say a 17-year-old girl shot and killed her 14-year-old foster sister in a fight over a cell phone.
The girl appeared in a Pensacola courtroom on Thursday where prosecutors said she would be charged as an adult with second-degree manslaughter with a firearm.
A judge denied family members' requests for bail in the case and ordered the girl sent to juvenile custody pending an Aug. 18 hearing. According to an arrest report, the girl shot her sister with a 9mm handgun as the two were arguing over a cellphone.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County