|Published:||Aug 05, 2011 8:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 05, 2011 8:50 PM EDT|
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - The Pentagon has announced the death of a Holton soldier who was killed Wednesday along with another soldier during an attack in Afghanistan.
Killed were 19-year-old Pfc. Cody G. Baker of Holton and 21-year-old Pfc. Gill I. Morales Del Valle of Jacksonville, Fla.
The soldiers were killed when their vehicle hit a roadside bomb in Wardak province.
The two were assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment of the 4th Brigade of the 10th Mountain Division based at Fort Polk, La.
Baker joined the Army in June 2010 and deployed with his unit in November. He is survived by his mother and stepfather.
Morales Del Valle joined the Army in February 2010 and deployed in October. He is survived by his father, mother and stepfather.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral