|Published:||Aug 02, 2011 6:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2011 5:50 PM EDT|
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - Former Allman Brothers Band guitarist Dan Toler says he has amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, otherwise known as ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease.
Toler told The Bradenton Herald about his condition and also wrote a statement on Facebook.
Toler, who is originally from Indiana, joined the Allman Brothers in 1979. In 1982, joined The Gregg Allman band along with his brother, David "Frankie" Toler.
Frankie Toler, who was a drummer, died in Bradenton on June 4 after a prolonged illness.
A benefit for Dan Toler will be held in Bradenton on Aug. 13.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one
- Deadly accident in Fort Myers