|Published:||Jul 29, 2011 9:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 29, 2011 7:43 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- Two pieces from the World Trade Center are in Southwest Florida. The artifacts will be on public display at all times to remember that tragic day.
The pieces will be on display at the Fort Myers Beach Fire Control administration building. One of the steel pieces will be divided into four smaller pieces and placed at different areas of town. The pieces arrived Friday afternoon.
Three Fort Myers Beach firefighters made the long drive up to New York this week.
It was an emotional journey for one of the guys, Randy Kraus. He was a New York paramedic and lost his partner on September 11th. To him, these are more than just pieces of steel they are symbols of our country's strength.
The other piece of steel will form the bottom of a flag pole at Crescent Beach Park on Estero Blvd.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed