|Published:||Jul 29, 2011 7:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 29, 2011 6:50 PM EDT|
DELAND, Fla. (AP) - Officials at St. Peter's Catholic Church in DeLand say someone stole a painting from a sacred room where priests change into their vestments and replaced it with another painting.
Church officials believe the crime happened sometime Wednesday. The painting, called "Divine Mercy," was a gift to church pastor Tom Connery.
In its weekly bulletin, the church is encouraging the thief to return the painting and exchange it for the one they left behind.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk