|Published:||Jul 29, 2011 9:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 29, 2011 8:39 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A Miami man has been charged after authorities say he accidentally shot his younger sister outside their Miami home.
Police say 21-year-old Tyrone David Harris Jr. and his 12-year-old sister were arriving home Thursday evening when the brother's firearm discharged and hit the girl. Harris was charged Friday with carrying a concealed weapon.
After the shooting Thursday, Miami Fire Rescue took the girl to nearby hospital, where she had been listed in stable condition.
Harris was being held on $5,000 bail.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral