|Published:||Jul 29, 2011 8:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 29, 2011 7:56 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man was carrying a concealed handgun and three small bags of marijuana when he was stopped at a security checkpoint at the Duval County Courthouse.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office reports that 21-year-old Timmy Hagans Jr. was arrested Thursday morning on a felony concealed weapons charge and two misdemeanors.
An arrest report says Hagans was carrying a double-barrel .22-caliber Derringer. The gun was not registered to Hagans.
Court records show Hagans was cited for marijuana possession earlier this week, but it wasn't clear why he was at the courthouse Thursday.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge