|Published:||Jul 27, 2011 5:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 27, 2011 4:44 PM EDT|
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say an offensive lineman for Miramar High School's football team has died after collapsing during conditioning drills.
Broward County School District spokeswoman Nadine Drew told the South Florida SunSentinel that Isaiah Laurencin died Wednesday morning at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital in Hollywood. She says the high school senior collapsed about 5 p.m. Tuesday while participating in drills with his team.
He was taken to nearby Memorial Hospital West, and then transferred to Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital.
Officials say the cause of death was not immediately known.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair