|Published:||Jul 25, 2011 4:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 25, 2011 3:52 PM EDT|
PALM BAY, Fla. (AP) - Officials say a pilot and his wife have died a day after their small plane crash in central Florida.
Palm Bay spokeswoman Yvonne Martinez said Sunday that the pilot, 65-year-old Paul Morrison of Melbourne, died over night at a hospital. His wife, 50-year-old Margo Morrison, died Sunday morning.
Martinez says the other passenger, 20-year-old Sasha Marger of Dallas, was released from the hospital Saturday.
Officials say Paul Morrison's plane crashed around 12:30 p.m. Saturday in a grassy field about 9 miles from the Valkaria Airport.
Several ATV riders alerted authorities to the crash and assisted the victims. Ernie Roper of Palm Bay tells Florida Today he saw the plane sputtering in the air before it plunged to the ground.
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo