|Published:||Jul 25, 2011 1:54 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 25, 2011 12:54 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A national travel group says the City of Fort Myers has some of the lowest travel taxes anywhere in the U.S.
The survey by the Global Business Travel Association finds Fort Myers ranked second behind Fort Lauderdale for lowest tax burden on travelers for a central city location. the group looks at general sales taxes and taxes on car rentals, hotels and meals.
The highest taxes on travelers were in Chicago and New York.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers