|Published:||Jul 20, 2011 12:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 20, 2011 11:06 AM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY Fla.- 9 year old Logan Nelsons charred clothes were still in his grandparents yard this morning. Logan suffered 2nd degree burns over 80 percent of his body after an accident Monday night. Doug Nelson, the boys grandfather spoke about seeing the nine year old right after the accident. "He was screaming- he was in bad shape he was not a happy camper", said Nelson.
Nelson says Logan and some other children were playing with a container of flaming gasoline underneath a tree in the lot behind the Nelson residence. "One of the kids kicked whatever they had the gas in and it splashed all over Logan", said Nelson. Logan was airlifted to the Tampa General Burn Center and later to the Shriners Hospital in Cincinnati. "But he's stable and in no pain cause I believe he's in an induced coma", said Nelson. Nelson claims that he holds no ill will toward the child who kicked the gasoline all over his grandson and he hopes that other children will learn from Logans mistake.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses