CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) - Former Miami Heat star Alonzo Mourning is being sued over a weekend traffic cash that raised questions about whether he improperly left the scene.
The lawsuit seeking unspecified damages was filed on behalf of 21-year-old William Candelario, who suffered head injuries in the rollover crash early Sunday near Miami Beach. Candelario says he has little memory of what happened and his attorney says the lawsuit is aimed at finding answers.
Mourning acknowledges he left the crash scene but then returned. He says the crash had already occurred when he first arrived. But Candelario's attorney says there's strong evidence Mourning's vehicle crashed into Candelario's.
Mourning calls the lawsuit unfortunate and says he is cooperating with the Florida Highway Patrol investigation. No charges have been filed.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)