|Published:||Jul 10, 2011 1:46 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 10, 2011 12:46 AM EDT|
TITUSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A movie starring actor Jason Ritter was being filmed as space shuttle Atlantis lifted off from Kennedy Space Center.
"Atlantis" is being filmed in central Florida. It's about strangers who meet and fall in love during the buildup to the final space shuttle launch. Filming took place on a dock at Space View Park while the shuttle lifted off Friday in the background.
This was the first launch for Ritter and actress Kate French. Ritter, son of the late actor John Ritter, said it was "an important moment in time to capture."
Space Coast Film Commissioner Bonnie King told Florida Today she was pleased that a film was being shot locally that focused on the final shuttle launch. King called it "a tribute to the final shuttle launch."
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer