|Published:||Jul 05, 2011 10:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 05, 2011 9:20 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Shocked, upset and surprised are some of the words to describe people who gathered to watch the Casey Anthony verdict.
A group looked on while having lunch in Downtown as the case that captivated the country came to a dramatic close.
"A slap on the wrist. Regardless of what her involvement was she's going to have live without her daughter for the rest of her life. Whether she had involvement its going to hurt for a while," said Ali Hobson.
One man was on the phone with co-workers as the verdict was read. The case also brought back memories of the O.J. Simpson case. A majority of people WINK News spoke to say Casey got away with murder.
"Its clear that she's guilty and that she lied. Its clear. I don't know. Its just upsetting," added Tifanny Cook.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.