|Published:||Jul 01, 2011 8:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 01, 2011 7:10 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. – Rick Scott, Governor of Florida is to make a special appearance in Port Charlotte on the Fourth of July. Scott will be throwing out the first pitch before the Stone Crabs take on the Jupiter Hammerheads at 6:30 p.m.
Governor Scott who resides in Naples, Fla will help kick off the night of fun and games which will end with a fireworks extravaganza sponsored by Miller Lite and the Herald Tribune.
Immediately following Scott’s pitch the Stone Crabs will take on the Jupiter Hammerheads, gates open at 5:30 p.m. and the first pitch is scheduled to be thrown out at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets range from just $6-11 for home games and are available three ways: visiting the Charlotte Sports Park box office, calling 941-206-HITS (4487), or visiting StoneCrabsBaseball.com. For a full promotional schedule with descriptions of each event, please visit www.StoneCrabsBaseball.com or call 941-206-HITS (4487).
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before