|Published:||Jul 01, 2011 1:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 30, 2011 9:35 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla. - A brazen thief that jumps behind the wheel of a Bentley owned by a Naples car dealer may be wanted for stealing a string of luxury cars in other states.
He's been identified by the license he gave sales associates as 22-year-old Justin Durbin, and he may be from Michigan or Oklahoma.
After Naples Police tracked down the Mercedes Durbin left behind for the Bentley, they found it had been stolen from a dealer in Missouri. But that wasn't the end of it. Durbin is thought to be responsible for stealing two other Mercedes in Indiana and Illinois, as well. The four cars total nearly $250,000.
Detectives in Missouri say Durbin convinced the dealer he needed to take the $60,000 Mercedes to the bank in order to get cash to pay for it, but he never returned.
Durbin may run into a problem with his latest theft. Police think the Bentley may be a little too flashy to blend in and not be noticed. The closest town he may run to is Miami, and authorities say they'll be looking for him.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo