|Published:||Jun 30, 2011 7:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 30, 2011 6:44 PM EDT|
SEFFNER, Fla. (AP) - A train has struck and killed a pedestrian in the Tampa Bay area.
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Detective Larry McKinnon says a westbound CSX Railroad train struck 61-year-old Marvin Edward Herring near a crossing in Seffner late Wednesday.
McKinnon says that when deputies arrived on the scene, they found the Seffner man dead beneath the train. Detectives say it appears that Herring had a medical condition and collapsed between the railroad tracks.
An autopsy is planned to determine the cause of death. McKinnon says no foul play is suspected.
Seffner is about 10 miles west of Tampa.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search