|Published:||Jun 24, 2011 2:33 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 24, 2011 2:16 AM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla. - A 20 year old school bus attendant is behind bars for sending pictures of his genitals to a 13 year old middle school student.
On Thursday, June 23rd the Criminal Investigations Division of the Naples Police Department with assistance from Detectives at the Collier County Sheriff’s Office Child Exploitation Unit, placed Woodsin Francois (08/13/90), a 20 year old male, under arrest for the following offenses:
1) Lewd or Lascivious Exhibition (1) count
2) Traveling to Meet a Minor (1) count
3) Soliciting a Minor (1) count
Detectives were notified of inappropriate images and messages shared between Francois and a 13 year old female. Further investigation revealed Francois exchanging photos of his penis via cell phone with detectives posing as the 13 year old female. Francois expressed knowledge of the female’s age and also knew she attended a middle school. Despite this knowledge, Francois continued to send text messages advising how he would carry out his affection toward the underage female. Francois agreed to meet the 13 year old at a predetermined location where he advised of unlawful activities that would take place between the two during the course of the day. Francois was intercepted upon his arrival and he agreed to cooperate with investigators.
During the investigation it was learned that Francois was employed by the Collier County School Board as a bus attendant during the latter portion of the school year. However, he denied using his role as a bus attendant to obtain personal information such as phone numbers or e-mail from students.
The Collier County School District did not comment on the allegations other than to say, "Since the employee doesn't work during the summer as soon as the district can review all reports we will contact the employee."
Francois claimed to have never engaged in any physical contact with underage females but advised he had exchanged lewd text messages and photographs with at least one additional female.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders