|Published:||Jun 24, 2011 1:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 24, 2011 1:13 PM EDT|
BUCKINGHAM, Fla. - Fort Myers Police take over the runways of the Buckingham Airfield to practice their driving skills.
Instructors put officers through several courses to test reaction time and control.
For many officers the majority of their time is spent in their cars. Instructors say it is imperative for officers to constantly be tested to maintain their proficiency.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- New anti-fraud group forms in Collier County