|Published:||Jun 23, 2011 6:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 23, 2011 6:43 PM EDT|
EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. (AP) - Air Force officials say a civilian pilot and passenger died when their Aero Club Beech plane crashed near a runway at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida.
An Air Force safety board will investigate the crash, which happened early Thursday in in the Panhandle region in northwest Florida.
The names of the victims have not been released.
Officials at the base say the four-passenger plane was rented to the pilot through Eglin's Aero Club and that the club's planes are open to civilian pilots with proper credentials.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend